Thursday, October 21, 2010

Adham's come to visit part 2 :)

See part 1 to read about what we did on Friday night of when Sarah and Michael came to visit!  We woke up Saturday morning and I started making breakfast!  Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day - there's nothing better than a good breakfast to start your day.  I put my belgium waffle maker to use and we also had bacon and fruit.  We ate breakfast with College Game Day on in the background (of course!). 


Fruit & bacon

Waffles!


The spread



We relaxed the rest of the morning - watching the rest of GameDay ad we even were able to watch one of the wedding DVD my uncle made for us!  We then finished getting ready and headed out to Publix to grab some subs to eat on campus before the LSU game.  Once we made it to campus, Michael "made" us a parking spot over a sewer drain next to the apartment he lived in on campus when he was a student!  It turned out to be a great spot - thanks Michael! 





Our tailgate spot next to Keys (Michael's old apartment)



The Buick in the "parking spot"

We spent the afternoon on campus, visiting with friends and watching other football games (Alabama vs South Carolina game!).  One of Michael's friends got us into the booster's pre-game meal in the O-Dome (FREE FOOD!) for a little snack before the game! 


Sophia & Sarah

The boys

My sick hubby and I





The gang

Danny!


The group before we went into the stadium


The entire game was heartbreaking!  We had 3 drunk LSU fans sitting behind us.  They snuck beer in with them (we're thinking the put it in ziploc bags) and dumped it all over my Vera Bradley Totally Turq backpack and on both Sarah and I's jackets.  As you can imagine, I was not a happy camper.  I eventually was able to get over it and try to enjoy the rest of the game.  Even though the outcome was dissapointing, it is always fun to be in the Swamp - especially with friends!  As soon as we got home I threw everything into the washer to get the nasty beer smell out.  We didn't go to bed until late and spent the next morning sleeping in.  This whole time poor Chris caught some kind of cold from the kids at school and had lost his voice on Saturday night.  Sunday we went to lunch at Las Margaritas - one of our favorite Mexican resturants!



It was a great weekend!  Thanks for coming down Michael & Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment