Friday, October 1, 2010

Tornadoes of The Round Table

Last night we went to the Bradford High School's 2010 Tornado Whirl with the theme "Tornadoes of The Round Table".  I was warned by Chris's co-workers that if you're not from Starke (or any really small town), you would have never seen anything like it before.  We had pep rallys in high school, but none of them were quite like this!

On our way to the event, Chris and stopped for some Moe's.  You can never go wrong with Moe's!







We had a great car ride to BHS, catching up on things that had happened this week.  I love talking with my husband :) 




We were the first all of the English teacher's to get there, so we saved seats for the whole crew.  It ended up being Chris and I, and three other teachers, 2 of them with their kids.  I enjoyed getting to put a face with a name since I hear about so many of these people! 



Mr. Thoburn, the principal, welcoming everyone
The night was jam-packed with special events!  Each of the classes put together a skit, and there were also presentations of the club sweethearts, and of course the Homecoming Queen & King.

Freshman Skit (Chris's students!)

More of the freshman skit - they did great!!
 
Varsity football team

Majorettes twirling FIRE!



Senior Skit


The Seniors ended their skit with performing "We're All In This Together" from High School Musical.  It was cute!

Seniors

The senior class ended up winning best skit - the freshman came in second place, though!  They all did a great job.  Now, onto my favorite part of the evening!  They had a special presentation by the BHS Faculty!  Originally Chris did NOT want to be apart of this - you know how he avoids attention as much as possible! - but he ended up getting bribed into participating (by my support of course!). 

Chris out on the 50 with some of the other BHS faculty - getting ready! 

All set!
I took a video of this event...and Chris doesn't know it is going on here, but I just had to share it!  Just as a warning, the first time around, they are purposely looking stupid.  Enjoy the video - Chris is usually on the right side of the screen, the really tall one with a gray shirt and jeans! 



We had a great night!  I hope you all enjoyed this post!  There are going to be some fun cooking adventures in the kitchen today, so be on the look out for recipes!

Have a splendid Friday!

1 comment:

  1. You have a new follower-me! :) Those pictures bring back memories of when that used to be US on the field! I'm glad to have you as a follower on my blog-it's fun to blog with people you know in real life! Glad to see you and Chris are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete