Friday, September 17, 2010

2 months!

Today is our 2 month anniversary!  Chris is going to try to leave work as soon as he can today so that we can spend some quality time together and go on a date!  We're both going through adjustments in our own jobs...and still getting used to this whole married thing!...so we haven't had as much time together recently as we both want.  Hopefully today will make up for that! 

The past few mornings in Gainesville have been beautiful!  Yesterday I was able to enjoy my breakfast on the balcony while making my grocery list for this week.  I tried the Yoplait Greek Yogurt Strawberry & Vanilla (I had a coupon) - it just wasn't as good as Chobani to me.  Have any of yall tried it?  After enjoying my breakfast and searching for coupons for this week's Publix trip, I headed out to run errands.  I FINALLY bought a pair of Dansko's to wear to work.  I couldn't stand on my feet for 12 hours a day wearing my 4 year old sneakers (bad, I know) anymore.  These will definitely take some getting used to, but I know in the long run they will save my feet and my back.  I then headed to Bath & Body Works!  I had a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase and 1 free travel size product!  I got a wallflower refill, 2 candles, and a small body spray for $13!  Yay for sales & coupons!  Then I did the dreaded Publix shopping adventure...they really aren't that bad if I have a list.  Over the past few years of living on my own, I have discovered that I HAVE to make a list before I go to Publix or else my mind will be all over the place and I will probably go down every single aisle.  Not only do I have to make a list, I have to check out the ads online too.  I only like to buy things that are on sale and plan my meals around the sale items.  It doesn't always happen but at least I try! 

Wednesday night was the first night of my women's pod group for church!  The pod group is like a small bible study/accountability group made up of either 3 women, men, or couples, that meet once a week.  Chris and I were in a couple's pod group a year ago (during the time we got engaged), and loved it.  Neither of us were able to do one in last spring, but I am excited to be doing one this semester!  One of the girls, Nancy, was in my first pod group, so it's cool that we were put back together in one again.  All 3 of us are newlyweds and can relate to all of the exciting and new things during this time in our lives.  This week's focus was on getting to know each other, setting up a weekly meeting time & place, and practicing how we would witness to those in our lives that don't have a relationship with Christ.  I am looking forward to these next several weeks and seeing what God is going to teach us!

Well, I should be off!  I have more things that need to be crossed off the to-do list :) 
Love yall!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Glad you are in a pod group- I just started BSF (Michael and I both did actually) and I am really excited b/c the ladies seem nice too! woot!

    ReplyDelete