Thursday, September 9, 2010

What's new with the Chaplin's

It's been a while since my last post!  There hasn't been too many exciting things going on, except the fact the Gator Football is BACK!

Friday
Chris and I both had to work, but I thankfully got out of class a little early (I was in an ICU class all last week).  I was excited because Uncle Dan was coming to visit!  He got some curtains made for our apartment and wanted to bring them up to us...and go to a football game :)
We ended up going out to the mall to get some curtain rods and then eating at Ruby Tuesday!  I forgot to take pictures of my food, but I had grilled salmon with asparagus!  Yum!  They just started a new menu a few weeks ago, and added several menu options - the grilled salmon and asparagus being two of them!  After dinner we met my parents back at my apartment.  They found out on Thursday that they could get 2 tickets to the football game, and it just so happened that my Dad was off that weekend, so they decided to come up!  They came over to our apartment and dropped off our dog Allie to stay with us since my parents were staying in a hotel that night.  After my parents left to head to the hotel, Meme and Pop (one set of my grandparents) called and were going to stop by to see our apartment!  They were in Gainesville because they go to every home Gator game!  It was nice to have them stop by and visit - I love having friends and family over :)  That night we (as in primarily Dan) hung our curtains!  They are beautiful!  I don't have a picture yet (slacker, I know), but I promise will be posted soon!

Saturday
GAME DAY!  We got up early and headed to the Oaks Mall to catch the Navigator bus to the stadium. 


Chris and Uncle Dan

Chris and I

Once we got to the stadium we met up with my parents and grandparents!

Candid shot of Meme and Pop - aren't they cute with their Gator gear?!


Dad and Chris
I don't have too many pictures of the game, but it was HOT!  That was one of the hottest games I had ever been to, except maybe Tennessee last year.  We didn't play great and the team still has a lot of work to do, but it was still a W!

Coach Meyer



I'm excited for this week's game vs. USF.  I think they will put up a good fight against us and if we don't improve from how we were last week, we may be in big trouble.  So glad that football season is back...nothing's better than Gator Football :)

I guess I should be off to finish the laundry!  Tonight I am going out with my dear friend Katie.  We haven't had much time recently to hang out (with us both starting jobs as RNs at Shands), but we were finally able to set a date!  We haven't figured out our plans for the evening yet- we are going on an adventure!  There are going to be some exciting posts ahead!  I'm going to share several recaps of exciting events...and post pictures of our apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment