Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Fives

I'm starting something new on my blog!  Every Friday I am going to answer five random questions from Beth's blog
Just Me and My Life


1.  What is your "comfort food"?
This a tough one for me!  I LOVE sweet potato casserole.  It is my favorite part of holiday meals, both to eat and make!  I have a delicious recipe that I have made every year for Christmas and Thanksgiving for the past several years!  Delicious!



I also love me some brownies.  If I had a choice between ice cream and a brownie, I would go with a brownie (or brownie with ice cream hehe).  They are definitely one of my favorite deserts.



2.  One thing that is on your mind right now?
PICTURES!!  I am obsessed with organizing pictures on my computer.  I am WAY behind on that, and I haven't ordered pictures to be printed in several months.  It is driving me crazy!  I wanted to wait until I had my wedding pictures back to do one massive order, but I still don't even have those back!  I am anxious to put new pictures in my frames and finish decorating the apartment so I think I am going to go ahead and order from what I have so far. 

3.  What's the best advice you've ever received?
I'm going to put a twist on this one and base it on something I've learned recently from my Heavenly Father.  I've been struggling with feeling comfortable and confident at work.  I still have 5 weeks on orientation working with another nurse, but I have been doing most of the work independently.  I've had some rough days...and some good ones, but in my quiet time earlier this week, God brought me to these verses:

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.  He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along" - Psalm 40: 1-2

Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! - Psalm 42: 11

Wow - how encouraging.  The first verse reminded me that God WILL carry me.  He hears my cry and rescue me.  The second verse was very humbling to me.  It reminded me that I need to praise God for blessing me with a job in the first place!  He has gotten me through so far, even during the rough days He has been with me.  I've started something new - each time I am at work feeling discouraged (and just whenever I feel like it!), I've started to silently praise Him for bringing me where I am, thanking Him for this job, and asking that He work through me and get me through the day.  It has given me a greater sense of peace and hope! 

4. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?
I would go out to Starbucks and buy a Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin Muffin!  No question on this one :)



5.  What is your least favorite thing to clean in your house?
Bathtubs!  I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I really do not look forward to getting on my knees and scrubbing the tub.  I will do everything else without complaints (except maybe the floors sometimes lol), but not the bathtubs!


I hope y'all enjoyed this week's Friday Fives!  Any special plans for this Friday out there?  I've already done the cleaning and laundry for the week, so I'm hoping to catch up on pictures this weekend!  It's homemade pizza night in the Chaplin house - yummy! 

Happy Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. omgoodness I totally agree with you about the bathtubs!! But I have to disagree on brownies- I am obsessed with ice creammmmm!!
    Oh and I used to pray just like that in the Neuro ICU and it really helped get me through the day. I am sure I will have to start up "work praying" again b/c when I start my new NP job I will be freaking out lol

    ReplyDelete