Saturday, September 11, 2010

Game Day

It's been a victorious weekend for both the Bradford Tornadoes and the Florida Gators! Woo hoo! Last night we drove to Starke (about 45-50 min drive) to watch the Bradford High School football team take on Fernandina Beach High School football team.

My hubby and I

Kickoff!

The team played really well, and it was fun to reminisce back to the high school marching band days.
BHS Band

FBHS Band

We left in the middle of the 4th quarter, but we knew who was going to win!  We won 40-0!  Go Tornadoes!



We woke up this morning and decided that we both needed a day to rest and recoup at home, so we didn't end up going to the Gator game.  We were both disappointed that we weren't there, but know that it was for the best.  After last week's game, I had to work 4 days straight and I was a zombie (plus I had gotten burnt which may me more exhausted).  We decided that we eat burritos for lunch during the game - yumm!


Chris finishing up a few things for the burritos!


Yum!




In addition to the burritos, we had chips & salsa, and I had a margarita (they go so well with Mexican food!).  It was very relaxing to enjoy the game in the a.c. next to my hubby without having to worry about soaking my shirt in sweat, getting burnt, and having enough elbow room!  The game started off a little slow, but the real Gators showed up by the end of the game!


Chips & Salsa - in our Gator platter of course :)



Chris wanted me to put this picture in here to show off our TV!  My parents bought us a new tv and a XBOX 360 as apart of their wedding gift to us.  It is awesome!  Excuse the bare walls....we've been slightly busy recently and haven't had time to hang things!  After the game I got my things ready for work tomorrow and made chocolate chip cookies! 

Alrighty folks, I'm off to go eat dinner and relax for the rest of the evening before craziness hits for the next 3 days!

1 comment: